Đề part 7 - 1
0 of 48 questions completed
Lưu ý, trước khi làm đề thi TOEIC:
- 100% Đề thi TOEIC thật là tranh đen trắng nên chúng ta chỉ luyện thi TOEIC trên tranh đen trắng.
- Bài thi TOEIC online là công cụ mới giúp cho các em thay đổi không khí học và môi trường học. Không khuyến khích và tuyệt đối không thể coi như một công cụ thay thế cho đề thi offline tức là thi trực tiếp trong phòng thi. Vì chúng ta chỉ có các kỳ thi TOEIC thật tại phòng thi trên giấy và nghe trực tiếp từ loa ngoài chứ không bao giờ có buổi thi TOEIC thật trên máy tính. Vì vậy chúng ta cần rèn luyện các kỹ năng, tâm lý và độ tập trung trong phòng thi.
- Lịch thi offline các em tham khảo trong link này: http://dodungclass.com/home/category/test-schedule
Chúc các em học tốt!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
Bạn phải Đăng nhập Để làm đề thi này
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
- Đọc 0%
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Questions 153-154 refer to the following advertisement.
Put some excitement in your life..
with Adventure Tours
Visit the Grand Canyon
We offer two fantastic tour packages.
Choose the one that’s right for you and your family
* A horseback tour of the Grand Canyon (morning or afternoon)
* 2-day, 1-night accommodation at Canyon Caverns Hotel
* 15 % discount on rental car
* 20% discount at Grand Canyon souvenir shop
Adults 18-64…$120 Adults 65+…$100
Teens 13-17…$80 Children 5-12..$60
Includes everything from Package 1, PLUS
* 25% discount at Grand Canyon View Restaurant
* Free admission to Native American show
Adults 18-64…$140 Adults 65+…$120
Teens 13-17…$100 Children 5-12..$80
For more information, call 1-80-555-4543
or visit us on the Web at http://www.adventure_tours.com
(153) What discount is offered on the cost of renting a car?CorrectIncorrect
(154) How much would a 70 year-old person pay for a package that includes the Native American show?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 155-157 refer to the following memo.
From: Janelle Requia, Human Resources Director
As of January 1st we will institute a new vacation policy. All employees who have been working for the company two years or less will receive one week (five working days) of paid vacation per year. Employees who have been working here three to five years will receive two weeks (ten working days) of paid vacation per year. Employees who have been with the company five to ten years will receive three weeks (15 working days) of paid vacation per year. Employees who have been here more than 10 years will receive four weeks (20 working days) of paid vacation per year.
Please note that this does not effect current policies for sick days and personal leave. All employees, regardless of experience, will still receive five days of paid sick leave per year, as well as two days of paid personal leave. Please post the new vacation policy in your departments as soon as possible. Also, employee handbooks are being revised to reflect the changes in vacation policy. These handbooks should be ready within the next two weeks. When they are, you are responsible to distribute them to employees, and to send us verification that each employee has received the handbook and understands the new vacation policy.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please contact me at extension 254 or the assistant HR director, Gladys Haynes, at extension 256.
(155) What is the main purpose of this memo?CorrectIncorrect
(156) When does the change take effect?CorrectIncorrect
(157) What should supervisors do if they have questions?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 158-161 refer to the following note.
I wanted to write you a note to thank you. I am sorry that you felt disappointed that your work responsibilities were not what you expected. I have enjoyed having your assistance with my projects.
Although the tasks we handled were not as varied as you would have liked, just think about what you and I have accomplished since September. We organized the annual small business conference, updated the association’s web site, and answered scores of inquiries, many in great detail, from business owners who needed advice on a range of topics: loans, benefits, licensing, etc.
I feel the year has been very productive for both of us. You’ve been an congenial and conscientious assistant and all of us have the highest regard for your abilities. Please feel free to call upon me for a recommendation if you require one for future employment.
Best of luck,
(158) What can be inferred about Jean?CorrectIncorrect
(159) What is NOT cited as part of Jean’s work?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 166-168 refer to the following book review.
A History of Sports from Ancient Times to the Present
By Rebecca Jean Porter
Illustrated, 248 pp.
Oakview Press, Westport, CT $32.95
Rebecca Jean Porter, the author of Olympic Dreams, has attained another perfect score in this engaging and readable history. A History of Sports from Ancient Times to the Present covers everything from sporting events in ancient Rome to the origins of teams sports in North America, and it includes a section on sports played on contemporary university campuses. I highly recommend the chapter with detailed instructions on how to play games that had previously been lost over time. Porter’s comprehensive introduction and bibliography, as well as the time line of dates and events, make this a reference work that should be purchased by all public libraries. An online companion volume will be published next year.
— Andrew Huff
(166) What does Andrew Huff suggest about the book?CorrectIncorrect
(167) What is NOT mentioned as being included in the book?CorrectIncorrect
(160) What does Thomas say about Jean?CorrectIncorrect
(161) What does Thomas offer to do for Jean?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 162-163 refer to the following card.
Don’t Let Your Subscription to Biz News Weekly Lapse!
Fill out and return this card today to keep up with the latest news and trends in business!
____ 3-month renewal — $26.00 ____ 6-month renewal — $45.00
____ 12-month renewal — $75.00 (our best value — approximately $1.44 an issue!)
Address ________________________________________ Suite/Apt. _________________
City __________ State/Province __________ Zip/post code __________
_____ Payment enclosed. _____ Bill me later.
Would you like to receive FREE offers and promotions from our partner companies via e-mail?
_____ Yes, my e-mail address is ______________. _____ No, thank you.
Biz News Weekly is published once a week. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of first issue. The savings are based on a 12-month cover price of $104.00. For subscription questions, please call 476-555-2378 or visit or web site at http://www.bnw.com/subscriptions.
(162) What information must the subscriber provide to receive promotional offers?CorrectIncorrect
(163) What information is included on this card?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 164-165 refer to the following advertisement.
Find out what people are saying about us!
“This was our first stay at Hotel Bella and it was definitely worth every cent — friendly service — sparkling clean rooms — wonderful! Thank you for a great few days!” J.G.
“The service was excellent, everything was in working order and the staff was courteous and warm. Very, very nice. Don’t change anything.” R.S.
“Absolutely fabulous! The front desk staff was extremely helpful with directions to points of interest in the area. The restaurant — the dinner menu in particular — was simply superb. We have stayed at numerous hotels, but this has to be the best!” L.G.
“On Day 1, I was pleasantly surprised by the complimentary breakfast. I am going to tell all my family and friends to visit your hotel when they travel to Madrid.” K.K.
“Hotel Bella is close to public transportation, the city center, the theaters, the museums — an excellent location for the traveler who wants to do it all.” E.M.
(164) According to the advertisement, what is provided for free at the hotel?CorrectIncorrect
(165) What is NOT mentioned about the hotel?CorrectIncorrect
For what group is the book particularly recommended?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 169-172 refer to the following letter.
13870 Nares Road
Dear Ms. Baharn,
I’d like to thank you for the time you spent with me discussing the marketing researcher position at Amarin, Ltd. After interviewing with you and touring the facility, I feel strongly that this company would be an ideal place for me to work.
I now understand why Amarin, Ltd., is considered the premier publisher of travel and tourism books in the region. I am impressed by the fact that it as been listed as one of Thailand’s ten most successful businesses since it was founded six years ago. The company’s reputation for quality is also reflected in its outstanding record of employee retention.
I wanted to emphasize the fact that I attended a three-week intensive seminar on MarkTrends, the foremost marketing research software package. I know the job description mentions the ability to use MarkTrends, and I wanted to let you know that I am very comfortable using this software.
Again, thank you for your time and consideration. I hope to hear from you soon concerning your hiring decision.
(169) What kind of business is Amarin, Ltd.?CorrectIncorrect
(170) What is stated in the letter about Amarin, Ltd.?CorrectIncorrect
(171) What did the writer want to emphasize about his background?CorrectIncorrect
(172) What does the letter indicate is a sign that Amarin, Ltd., is doing very well?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 173-175 refer to the following minutes of a meeting.
Meeting of the Milton Public Library Trustees
Present: Les Elder (chairperson), Nancy Johnson (treasurer), Jennifer Palmatier (secretary), Justin Mayrand (technical consultant), Megan Sprague (librarian) Absent: Mary Erwin (trustee), Max Johnson (trustee)
Mr. Elder began the meeting at 6:00 p.m.
Treasurer’s Report/Budget Review The library has $4,300.00 remaining in this year’s budget. This includes a donation of $2,300.00 made by robert Erwin, former trustee and president of the National Library Organization, and must be spent by December 31.
Ms. Johnson suggested that the trustees spend the $2,300.00 as follows: $900.00 will be allocated for books; $400.00 for supplies; and $1,000.00 for building repairs. All members present agreed.
Building Repairs and Improvements Mr. Elder expressed concern about the recent electricity bills, which were quite high. The issue will be discussed at the January 14 meeting after the year’s budget has been reviewed.
Miscellaneous Business Ms. Sprague noted that the library building should be kept locked when it is not officially open to the public, even if staff or cleaning crews are present inside the building.
Mr. Elder ended the meeting at 7:00 p.m.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, December 18, at 5:00 p.m. in the Milton Public Library.
(173) What institution is being discussed?CorrectIncorrect
(174) Who contributed money to this institution?CorrectIncorrect
(175) According to the minutes, what remark did Ms. Sprague make?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 176-180 refer to the following page from a brochure.
Classique Lighting floor lamps and ceiling light fixtures are an easy way to update any room. We offer lighting to fit every need and budget.
HERE IS A LIST OF OUR BEST-SELLING MODELS
Very affordable, available in a wide variety of colors and patterns, Calypso is our most economical and versatile ceiling light. Works equally well in offices, retail stores, and home environments. Nor recommended for rooms exposed to moisture.
Create a modern look that will enhance any office setting. This competitively priced metal light is excellent for conference rooms, office cubicles, or any business where bright lighting is important. Only available in black, gray, or off-white. Can be directly mounted to the ceiling by professionals or any skilled home owner.
This floor lamp is suitable in both homes and offices. It creates a warm atmosphere with its soft light. Moderately priced and available in several colors.
We recommend that you use energy-efficient lighting. In addition to being inexpensive, energy-efficient lighting has several advantages over standard lighting:
* Uses 2/3 less energy
* Generates 70 % less hear
* Lasts up to ten times longer
(176) Which model is best if cost is a concern?CorrectIncorrect
(177) What is suggested about changing the lighting in a home or office?CorrectIncorrect
(178) Why are the lighting models mentioned in the brochure?CorrectIncorrect
(179) According to the brochure, what is NOT true of energy-efficient lights?CorrectIncorrect
(180) What is true of Mystic lights?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 181-185 refer to the following article and letter.
Volume 10, No. 6
Manufacturers Going Green
By Leo Durham
An increasing number of manufacturing companies around the country are going green, which they hope will put more green into their cash registers.
The Manufacturers Extension Partnership (MEP) works with a variety of state and regional industry associations and economic development groups to teach companies “lean” manufacturing techniques.
This not-for-profit organization, administered by the Department of Commerce, demonstrates how to reduce waste, or “fat,” in the manufacturing process. This includes things such as cutting energy use, incorporating more efficient production techniques, and finding cheaper methods of packaging and shipping goods.
The result is better not only for the environment, but also for company profits. Last year, MEP helped more than 1,000 firms save about $1.4 billion and increase their sales by $10.5 billion. These actions led to the creation of nearly 57,000 new jobs.
“It was tremendous for us,” said Mark McCartney, general manager of the Clear Water bottled water company. “MEP showed us how to cut our energy production in half, which led to a 3-percent increase in sales, and a 100-percent increase in production capacity.”
McCartney has been quick to spread the wealth. Last year, a bottle of Clear Water retailed for $1.50. Now, MEP training has enabled the company to slash the price to $1.20.
I enjoyed the article on MEP in the June issue of Sustainability Magazine. When manufacturers pass savings onto customers, everybody wins.
Overall, the writer did a fine job. However, there is one mistake in the article I would like to point out. After our company finished training with MEP, sales jumped 30 percent, and our production capacity increased by 10 percent.
I would encourage every manufacturer to consider partnering with MEP. There’s always some fat that can be trimmed from the production process.
CEO, Clear Water Bottling
(181) What is the main purpose of MEP?CorrectIncorrect
(182) In the article, the word “green” in paragraph 1, line 2, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
(183) Who is Mark McCartney?CorrectIncorrect
(184) What is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
(185) According to the article, how much money did MEP help firms save last year?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 186-190 refer to the following invoice and email reply.
Date: Sept. 15, 2009
From: Stanley Supplies
808 Merchant St.
To: Office Corral
912 Ocean Blvd.
Costa Verdes, CA
Item No. Unit cost Comments Total
Cases, white 6 $100 10% discount $600
Color ink 50 $15 50 more on $750
Black ink 75 $10 $750
computer chairs 5 $500 Back ordered $2,500
Boxes, 100 $5 50 medium, $500
ballpoint pens 50 fine point
brochures 10 $0 Referral $0
Sub-total: 246 $620 $5,100
We received our Sept. order yesterday. Thank you for your usual prompt shipment. We appreciate the fast turn-around.
Unfortunately, I noticed a couple of discrepancies between the freight and the invoice. First, the discount for the white photocopier paper does not seem to be factored into the total. We have been buying this paper from you at $100 a case, so shouldn’t six cases with a 10-percent discount come to $540?
Second, according to my records we had 10 crates of computer chairs on back order. Are more coming? If so, what’s the soonest you expect they could arrive? Also, could you please give me an idea when more color ink cartridges will be available? Our inventory is low, and we are planning to have a special sale for Halloween.
Could you please get back to me ASAP? I need to clarify these questions before I place our October order. If you prefer to call, it’s best to reach me today on my direct line: 556-424-8737.
Thanks again Marc,
Comptroller, Office Corral
(186) What is the main function of the invoice?CorrectIncorrect
(187) What can be inferred about Stanley Supplies and Office Corral?CorrectIncorrect
(188) In the e-mail, the word “discrepancies” in paragraph 2, line 1, is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
(189) How many additional crates of computer chairs is Ms. Velasquiz expecting?CorrectIncorrect
(190) According to the invoice, why did Office Corral receive free promotional brochures?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 191-195 refer to the following invitation and letter.
Howard and Jennifer Jacobson request the honor of your presence on Aug. 10th to celebrate the joining of their son, Jeffrey Parker Jacobson, and his fiancee, Marilyn Strummers, in holy matrimony.
The ceremony will take place at 11 a.m. in Riverside Park, 11220 River Dr. NW, followed by a luncheon reception at the adjacent Green Mansion, then a procession to the airport to see the couple off to their honeymoon in Bermuda.
Gifts are appreciated but not necessary; the fellowship of family and friends at this special time is blessing enough. We hope and pray that you will be able to join us for this momentous occasion.
Please RSVP by July 15th via letter or email to:
120 Union Ave.
July 11th, 2009
Dear Ms. Stroust,
I am writing in regard to the invitation sent by Howard and Jennifer Jacobson. Please forgive my relatively late reply, as I was out of town and did not have a chance to read the invitation until last week.
I am thrilled that my friend and former college roommate, Marilyn Strummers, is finally tying the knot. I am disappointed, however, that I will not be able to attend her milestone event. I had a vacation to China scheduled for several weeks prior to hearing Marilyn’s exciting news, and subsequent efforts to rearrange my travel plans have proved unsuccessful. Ironically, my flight departs at exactly the same time as the ceremony. I’ll miss Jeff and Marilyn at the airport by only a few hours!
It is with great regret that I must decline this gracious invitation, though I will contact Marilyn and congratulate her personally before I leave. Also, I would like to leave a gift for the newlyweds. Would it be appropriate to send a present to you?
Please let me know.
4334 Stone Drive
(191) In the invitation, the letters “RSVP” in paragraph 4, line 1, are closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
(192) Why is the invitation mainly being sent?CorrectIncorrect
(193) Who is Howard Jacobson?CorrectIncorrect
(194) What time does Patty Pakola’s flight leave for China?CorrectIncorrect
(195) What can be inferred about Gloria Stroust?CorrectIncorrect
Questions 196-200 refer to the following schedule and notice.
For more information about any of these programs, call the pool office at 506-807-7667.
For the latest updates, including schedule changes and special events, call our 24-hour automated information line at 506-363-8123.
Due to a maintenance problem, City Pool will be closed on Monday and Tuesday next week. The Aqua Jog, Master’s Workout, Hydrofit, and Water Exercise classes on those days have been cancelled, and instructors will notify participants when the classes will be rescheduled. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
Also, please note that there will be no public swims on the afternoons of July 14th through 18th, because the pool will be hosting the annual All-City Swimming and Diving Meet. Tickets for the meet are $5 for adults and $2.50 for children 12 and under, and can be purchased at the pool office or online at http://www.citypool.com/allcity.
Thank you for using City Pool. For up-to-the-minute schedule information, call our info hotline at 506-363-8123.
(196) What is the main purpose of the notice?CorrectIncorrect
(197) How many Water Exercise classes will be affected by the pool closure?CorrectIncorrect
(198) What is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
(199) In the schedule, the word “aqua” in line 4 is closest in meaning toCorrectIncorrect
(200) According to the schedule, how would someone find out more about the Masters Workout?CorrectIncorrect
some string with the ad code